Korea, where the connections are everywhere

This is another experience that I want to share with all readers about my time staying in Korea. What good about Korea is the internet connectivity, seriously. I don't know how fast it can go but it is really fast compare to Malaysia, that's it.

The first time I accessing the Internet is at my bedroom. There are no WiFi available that I can reach using my laptop. After asking the college administrator, they said that I need to use a LAN cable. Thanks god that I brought one. Even I don't know how but it is there in my bag.

Because I had used UniFi back in Malaysia, I think the speed is comparable to the one I use at Korea. The download speed is quite fast but the live streaming is very poor. When I am using the internet for Skype either to my friend in Malaysia or New Zealand, the quality is poor. Same happen when I am trying to access live video streaming for football match. Based on my experience, UniFi is better.

Korean citizen use their internet even in the subway station. Source: Google Image
My other experience happened when my first time to go the the second internship's company in Korea. Because the first company to busy with their work to put an eye on me, I need to transfer to another company.

So, the story begin like this, to reach at my new company, i need to take a bus in front of the University gate after walking about 300 hundred meter from my room. After that, I need to stopped by in front of school and then continue walk another 50 meters to the post office. That is where I need to wait someone to fetch me.

After a few hours, that 'someone' didn't fetch me at that exact location. The problem is, he didn't recognize me and the worse is even me didn't recognize him. I don't know whether he already pass around me looking for me or not.

Without any hand phone to make a call. I wait for another hour. Then, I bring out my laptop to play something so that i can fill my time waiting. As my habit, as started as my laptop on, I will press the WiFi on. Surprised me, there are a lot of accessible WiFi around there. Without wasting my time, I contact another friend that have the phone that we share to contact the Professor that supervised us.

After 30 minutes waiting, my supervisor came and bring me to the company that I supposed to go. So, after explaining the situation, actually, me and the person that suppose to fetch me up already at that place in front of the post office. Because we are not recognize each other, he left first.

So, the moral of the story is we must bring laptop or any smartphone everywhere in Korea since the internet connection is everywhere.

Internet speed in Mbps between top three countries. Source: Google Image
Source: Google Image

0 comments: